The program for the Ph.D. normally consists of a minimum of 30 credits of course work (15 credits of core courses and 15 credits of electives), 5 developmental credits, and 24 to 42 credits of research beyond the BS degree. The total number of credits required is 72.
Courses include: * Advanced Transport Phenomena I
* Advanced Transport Phenomena II
* Analytical Methods in Chemical & Biochemical Engg.
* Advanced Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
* Kinetics, Catalysis, and Reactor Design
Each university in the Unites States of America sets its own admission standards so there isn't the same criteria for all the students and the university can decide which applicants meet those standards. The fee for each application is between $35 to $100.
After the selections of the universities you want to attend, the best of all would be to contact each university for an application form and more admission information for the international students. Moreover, for a graduate or postgraduate program it's necessary to verify the admission requirements. Some programs require that you send your application directly to their department.
Admissions decisions are based on students's academic record and different test scores, such as TOEFL, the SAT or ACT (for undergraduate programs) and GRE or GMAT (for graduate programs). Admission decision is based on your academic results and motivation.
* Personal Statement. in your personal statement please discuss why you are interested in further study in Chemical and Biochemical Engineering
* Official transcripts
* Three letter of recommendation
* GRE General
All first year PhD students are supported by departmental or university fellowships or graduate assistantships, which provide stipend, tuition remission, and sometimes student fees for the first year.After the first year, students will be supported by their advisors through fellowships and graduate assistantships.
There are also a number of multi-year fellowships available for advanced students through NSF and NIH training programs. BME also has a limited number of teaching assistantships for graduate students who demonstrate outstanding teaching skills.
The Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. Weve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:
* Rutgers is a memberso are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeleyof the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
* More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
* Rutgers international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.