Today, computing is an enormously vibrant field. From its inception just half a century ago, computing has become the defining technology of our age. Computers are integral to modern culture and are the primary engine behind much of the worlds economic growth. The field, moreover, continues to evolve at an astonishing pace. New technologies are introduced continually, and existing ones become obsolete in the space of a few years. The rapid evolution of the discipline has an effect on computing education, affecting both content and pedagogy.
Computer science core courses provide basic coverage of algorithms, data structures, software design, concepts of programming languages, and computer organization and architecture. Theoretical foundations, problem analysis, and solution design are stressed within the programs core materials. Students are exposed to a variety of programming languages and systems and become proficient in more than one higher-level language. A total of 130 semester hours is required for graduation.
Our Computer Science Students will:
1. Demonstrate comprehension of math, science, and basic computer science topics.
2. Have the ability to apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theory in the modeling and design of computer based systems.
3. Exhibit problem solving skills.
4. Have the ability to use techniques, skills, and modern software tools necessary for professional practice.
5. Work effectively in teams.
6. Demonstrate the ability to identify and apply concepts of engineering economics and project planning.
7. Demonstrate knowledge of contemporary global and societal issues and their relationship toprofessional ethics and engineeringsolutions.
8. Demonstrate the ability to plan and conduct laboratory experiments and interpret and report the results.
9. Exercise strong oral and written communication skills including those needed for technical writing.
10. Have an awareness of the need for and demonstrate the ability to keep learning throughout life along with an appreciation of diversity in
Each university in the Unites States of America sets its own admission standards so there isn't the same criteria for all the students and the university can decide which applicants meet those standards. The fee for each application is between $35 to $100.
After the selections of the universities you want to attend, the best of all would be to contact each university for an application form and more admission information for the international students. Moreover, for a graduate or postgraduate program it's necessary to verify the admission requirements. Some programs require that you send your application directly to their department.
Admissions decisions are based on students's academic record and different test scores, such as TOEFL, the SAT or ACT (for undergraduate programs) and GRE or GMAT (for graduate programs). Admission decision is based on your academic results and motivation.
TOEFL paper-based test score : 500
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test.
All non-native English language speakers must demonstrate English language competency by providing a TOEFL score of 500 (PBT) or 173 (CBT). However, students who do not have a TOEFL score or whose score is insufficient may still apply
No work experience is required.
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.