University of Washington logo
  • Tuition Fee:
  • Local: n/a
  • Foreign: n/a
  • Languages of instruction:
  • English
  • Deadline:
  • 15 1월 2016

    Photos of university

    The Master of Architecture is a professional degree program that educates students already grounded in the liberal arts to become registered, licensed architects who assume responsible and imaginative roles in society. The curriculum emphasizes integrated architectural design and its relationship to urban issues and tectonics, as well as the technical knowledge necessary for the professional practice of architecture. Courses in architectural history and theory, building science, graphics, materials and assemblies, design/build, and international studies provide further professional training and opportunities to develop areas of specialization.The 2+ and 3+year M Arch programs are accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB). Since most state registration boards in the United States require any applicant for licensure to have graduated from a NAAB-accredited program, obtaining such a degree is an essential aspect of preparing for the professional practice of architecture in the United States. (The one-year M Arch is not an accredited degree.)


    Master of Architecture in High Performance Building

    Master of Architecture / Master of Landscape Architecture Concurrent Degree



    • Architectural Design Studio
    • Structural Design Principles
    • Building Materials and Assembly
    • Environmental Forces
    • Architectural Graphics
    • Architectural History
    • Architectural Theory
    • Design Computing

    USA requirements for international students

    Each university in the Unites States of America sets its own admission standards so there isn't the same criteria for all the students and the university can decide which applicants meet those standards. The fee for each application is between $35 to $100. 

    After the selections of the universities you want to attend, the best of all would be to contact each university for an application form and more admission information for the international students. Moreover, for a graduate or postgraduate program it's necessary to verify the admission requirements. Some programs require that you send your application directly to their department. 

    Admissions decisions are based on students's academic record and different test scores, such as TOEFL, the SAT or ACT (for undergraduate programs) and GRE or GMAT (for graduate programs). Admission decision is based on your academic results and motivation.


    The minimum math requirement is college algebra. College physics is not required, but is helpful.While the GRE test is required for admissions, we do not set minimum GRE test scores as we feel they are not the best indicator of success in our program. The GRE scores are not a primary factor for admissions. However, below average GRE scores can have a negative impact on your application. English Language Requirements IELTS band: 7 TOEFL paper-based test score : 580 TOEFL iBT® test: 92

    To qualify for financial aid at the University of Washington, you must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, be admitted to the University in a degree granting program, demonstrate financial need, not be in default on a previous student loan or owe a repayment on a grant, and be making satisfactory progress toward a degree.The University of Washington is a public institution; therefore no state or federal financial assistance is offered to international students. Students, their families, and sponsors must assume all financial responsibility for tuition and living expenses. University policy requires that an international student be fully funded (and able to show their source of support) before being admitted to the University. It is very important that applicants review the expected expenses before deciding to apply for admission.Work-study positions from the University of Washington are not available for international students, however international students are welcome to appply for our yearly department scholarships. U.S. Immigration limits the amount of part-time work foreign students may do even when permission is granted. International students cannot apply for permission to work during their first year of study except in cases of extreme emergency.


    The University of Washington is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU) and is a member of the Association of American Universities. Individual schools and colleges are members of the various accrediting association in their respective fields. Currently enrolled or prospective students should contact the Office of the Registrar to review accreditation documents for the University and the respective departments to review programmatic accreditation documents.

    Similar programs:
    See all of the 650 similar programs