The Master in Islamic Finance a comprehensive post graduate program for people who are seeking a detailed understanding of the concepts and mechanisms of Islamic Finance. The program offers an opportunity to study the structure of the Islamic banking and finance industry, including its theoretical foundations, products, performance, Islamic financial instruments and risk management issues.
The program requires the successful completion of 90 credits. The program consists of 4 groups of courses common for all Masters, from which students may select the desired subjects to study: Core Courses, Elective Courses, Master Thesis and the following Orientation Courses, which are mandatory to complete the selected major:
Introduction to Islamic Finance
Principle of Islamic Jurisprudence
Islamic Insurance – Takaful
GBS’s selection process emphasises leadership potential, academic ability, personal qualities and competencies. We are looking for candidates with managerial experience, people skills and a proven academic record.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in a related field (plus 2 years experience). For Executive Master, 5 years experience
- Completed application form with passport photo included
- Photocopy of all academic diplomas or certificates
- Official English exam results: IELTS 6.0, TOEFL IBT 70, proof of studying previously in an English speaking environment for a minimum of 3 years, or successful completion of the university’s admission examination.
- Photocopy of your passport
- Receipt for the payment of the application fee
- Curriculum Vitae (C.V.)
- Recommendation letter