The programme consists of lectures, seminars, practice elements, workshops, excursions, company visits and small-group discussions. The programme combines in-class learning with learning-by-doing elements. The ECTS system allows for individual choices (in the elective courses) according to the programme guidelines.
The core courses (60 out of 90 ECTS) cover the following subjects:
- Issues in International Political Economy
- International and European Trade Law
- Foundations of International Management I + II
- Business Strategy
- Advanced Methods of Management Research IV
- International Marketing
- Global Operations Strategy
- E-Business Projects and Innovation
- E-Business Strategy and Networking
- Managing Intercultural Relations
- Advanced Intercultural Communication and Negotiation Skills
- International Finance
- International Corporate Governance
- Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Management and organisation theories through the lens of mission-driven organizations
- The Organisation of the International System
- Power, Order and Institutions in World Politics
The language of instruction in the core courses is English.
The elective courses (30 ECTS) focus on different area studies and allow students to specialise in one specific region (students select one area during their course of study):
- English-speaking countries
- Romance language-speaking countries
The language of instruction in the electives depends on the chosen area.
Students have the option to do a joint degree programme with EM Strasbourg or Universidad de Alcalá.
Study abroad unit(s)
Students who wish to benefit from the university's expanding network of international contacts may study for up to two semesters abroad at one of our renowned partner universities.
Forms of assessment
Written and oral exams, presentations and seminar papers according to the guidelines, Master's thesis. The programme consists of 120 ECTS.
The programme is designed to give students a deep insight and profound knowledge in the field of International Business and enables them to act independently in a global business setting. The Master's programme in International Business Studies qualifies students to work in companies, institutions or associations operating internationally. The programme also prepares students for future research work in the field of international business.