Role and Qualifications: Graduates of the Nursing Informatics MSN specialty have advanced preparation in nursing information systems. Nursing Informatics (NI) is a specialty that integrates nursing science, computer science, and information science to manage and communicate data, information, knowledge and wisdom in nursing practice. NI supports consumers, patients, nurses and other providers in their decision-making in all roles and settings. This support is accomplished through the use of information structures, information processes and information technology (ANA, 2008).
Scope of Practice: The Nursing Informatics Specialist improves the health of populations, communities, families, and individuals by optimizing information management and communication. This includes the use of technology in the direct provision of care, in establishing effective administrative systems, in managing and delivering educational experiences, in supporting life-long learning, and in supporting nursing research.
* Nursing Research
* Concepts of Nursing Informatics
* Information Systems Principles
* Nursing Databases Design, Development & Applications
* Nursing Systems Developmental Lifecycle
* Consumers Healthcare Informatics
* Informatics Project and Change Management
* Nursing Informatics Practicum
* Advanced Practice in Nursing Informatics
* Health Care Budgetary and Financial Management
* Seminar on Issues in Nursing Informatics
* Information Technology and Evidenced
Each university in the Unites States of America sets its own admission standards so there isn't the same criteria for all the students and the university can decide which applicants meet those standards. The fee for each application is between $35 to $100.
After the selections of the universities you want to attend, the best of all would be to contact each university for an application form and more admission information for the international students. Moreover, for a graduate or postgraduate program it's necessary to verify the admission requirements. Some programs require that you send your application directly to their department.
Admissions decisions are based on students's academic record and different test scores, such as TOEFL, the SAT or ACT (for undergraduate programs) and GRE or GMAT (for graduate programs). Admission decision is based on your academic results and motivation.
If you are pursuing a master's degree or professional, terminal degree, Rutgers can help you find fellowships and scholarships to support your advanced study.
The Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. Weve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:
* Rutgers is a memberso are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeleyof the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
* More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
* Rutgers international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.