Learning Goal 1 for Students: Obtain advanced knowledge in geoscience and environmental science
* MS students will have acquired advanced knowledge in earth sciences, particularly biogeochemistry, geochemistry and geophysics.
* MS students will have developed theoretical or practical research skills in biogeochemistry, geochemistry and geophysics.
Learning Goal 2 for Students: Engage in and conduct original, publishable research (for those students pursuing the thesis option only)
* MS students will have completed a dissertation, or equivalent, demonstrating personal integration of, and original intellectual contribution to, a field of knowledge.
* MS students will have made an original research contribution
* MS students will have submitted for publication one international journal subject to rigorous peer review.
Learning Goal 3 for Students: Professional career preparation
* MS students will have presented their research to a scientific audience.
* MS students will have participated in professional organizations and activities.
* MS students will find employment in the professional sector based on their degree.
Courses include * Bioremediation
* Air Pollution Measurement
* Aqueous Geochemistry
* Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
* Advanced Reading in Environmental Geology
* Analytical Methods in Urban Environmental Pollution
* Environmental Soil Geochemistry
* Environmental Geology
* Applied Groundwater Modeling
* Electrical Environmental Geophysics
* Seismic and Potential Field Environmental Geophysics
* Ground Penetrating Radar
* Quantitative Methods In Environmental Geophysics
* Potential Field Methods in Applied Geophysics
Each university in the Unites States of America sets its own admission standards so there isn't the same criteria for all the students and the university can decide which applicants meet those standards. The fee for each application is between $35 to $100.
After the selections of the universities you want to attend, the best of all would be to contact each university for an application form and more admission information for the international students. Moreover, for a graduate or postgraduate program it's necessary to verify the admission requirements. Some programs require that you send your application directly to their department.
Admissions decisions are based on students's academic record and different test scores, such as TOEFL, the SAT or ACT (for undergraduate programs) and GRE or GMAT (for graduate programs). Admission decision is based on your academic results and motivation.
If you are pursuing a master's degree or professional, terminal degree, Rutgers can help you find fellowships and scholarships to support your advanced study.
The Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. Weve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:
* Rutgers is a memberso are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeleyof the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
* More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
* Rutgers international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.