Classics is the investigation of the life and cultural expressions of the ancient Greek and Roman worlds. Today, Rutgers finds itself in the forefront of some of the most vital areas of inquiry: constructions of ethnicity, sexuality, and freedom; performance of music, drama, and poetry; democracy, tyranny, and resistance to inequality; the social dimensions of law; academic and popular philosophy; and the culture of athletics.
In addition, we have developed an ambitious digital teaching initiative that leverages our unusually rich archive of archaeological images (some dating back to the late 1920s) and world-class collection of Republican Roman coins.The greek word euporia means wealth or abundance, often visualized as a harvest cornucopia. In addition to taking courses with our core faculty and those in affiliated departments, a consortium allows our graduate students to take courses at Princeton, Columbia, and other universities in the New York metropolitan area.
* Introduction To Graduate Literary Study: Latin
* Introduction To Graduate Literary Study: Greek
* Studies In Classics
* Readings In Classics
* Proseminar: Materials And Methods
* Hellenistic Literature
* Greek Literature Of The Roman Period
* Latin Literature Seminar
* Seminar On Rome And Pompeii
* Historians Of Republican Rome
* Historians Of Imperial Rome
* Aristotle: Constitution Of The Athenians
Each university in the Unites States of America sets its own admission standards so there isn't the same criteria for all the students and the university can decide which applicants meet those standards. The fee for each application is between $35 to $100.
After the selections of the universities you want to attend, the best of all would be to contact each university for an application form and more admission information for the international students. Moreover, for a graduate or postgraduate program it's necessary to verify the admission requirements. Some programs require that you send your application directly to their department.
Admissions decisions are based on students's academic record and different test scores, such as TOEFL, the SAT or ACT (for undergraduate programs) and GRE or GMAT (for graduate programs). Admission decision is based on your academic results and motivation.
If you are pursuing a master's degree or professional, terminal degree, Rutgers can help you find fellowships and scholarships to support your advanced study.
The Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. Weve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:
* Rutgers is a memberso are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeleyof the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
* More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
* Rutgers international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.