The Religious Studies Masters Degree at Rutgers provides an intensive immersion in the discipline. Working closely with a world-class faculty, students in the M.A. program undertake advanced study and research in one of the following fields: (1) Buddhist Studies, (2) Judaic and Christian Studies, (3) Hinduism, (4) Islam, (5) Religion and Conflict, (6) Contemplative Studies and (7) Religions in America. In addition, students will develop a critical understanding of the primary interpretive models, theories, and methodologies in the academic study of religion.
* Seminar on Religion & Science: Neuroscience & Contemplative Experience in Christianity & Buddhism
* Religious Pluralism in America
* Sanctifying Violence in the Biblical Tradition
* Islamic Spirituality
* Buddhism, Society, Politics in S.E. Asia
Each university in the Unites States of America sets its own admission standards so there isn't the same criteria for all the students and the university can decide which applicants meet those standards. The fee for each application is between $35 to $100.
After the selections of the universities you want to attend, the best of all would be to contact each university for an application form and more admission information for the international students. Moreover, for a graduate or postgraduate program it's necessary to verify the admission requirements. Some programs require that you send your application directly to their department.
Admissions decisions are based on students's academic record and different test scores, such as TOEFL, the SAT or ACT (for undergraduate programs) and GRE or GMAT (for graduate programs). Admission decision is based on your academic results and motivation.
If you are pursuing a master's degree or professional, terminal degree, Rutgers can help you find fellowships and scholarships to support your advanced study.
The Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. Weve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:
* Rutgers is a memberso are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeleyof the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
* More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
* Rutgers international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.