Through coursework and internship experiences, students learn to address the instructional needs of students with mild and moderate cognitive disabilities. An 18-credit special education core is required of all students. This core develops competencies in the assessment and remediation of students with learning disabilities, collaborative teaching/consultation skills, and knowledge about New Jersey special education law.
The program does not include coursework leading to teacher certification in special education. Students with a bachelors degree who are interested in initial teacher certification in special education should contact the Office of Student and Academic Services.
* Learning Disabilities
* Psychology of the Exceptional Child
* Identification and Assessment of Learning Disabilities
* Remediation of Learning Disabilities
* Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
* Instructional Decision Making in Special Education
* New Jersey Special Education Law
* Current Topics in Special Education
* Statistical Methods I
* Psychometric Theory I
* Psychology of Learning
* Biological Bases of Behavior
Each university in the Unites States of America sets its own admission standards so there isn't the same criteria for all the students and the university can decide which applicants meet those standards. The fee for each application is between $35 to $100.
After the selections of the universities you want to attend, the best of all would be to contact each university for an application form and more admission information for the international students. Moreover, for a graduate or postgraduate program it's necessary to verify the admission requirements. Some programs require that you send your application directly to their department.
Admissions decisions are based on students's academic record and different test scores, such as TOEFL, the SAT or ACT (for undergraduate programs) and GRE or GMAT (for graduate programs). Admission decision is based on your academic results and motivation.
Students finance their education in several ways, including fellowships, scholarships, and assistantships offered by the GSE. In addition, GSE students may be eligible for awards provided by Rutgers. Funding for graduate education is also available from external sources.
The Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. Weve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:
* Rutgers is a memberso are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeleyof the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
* More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
* Rutgers international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.