Students continue with the professional sequence the summer after graduation. They return in the fall to complete a student-teaching internship with related coursework and continue with full-time graduate study, including a field-based research project, in the spring. The Ed.M. degree is conferred upon the completion of all five-year program requirements.
After the masters degree is awarded, the GSE will make a recommendation to the New Jersey State Department of Education on behalf of the student to receive a Certificate of Eligibility with Advanced Standing as a teacher.
* Introduction to EducationEducational Psychology: Principles of Classroom Learning
* Introduction to Special Education
* Individual and Cultural Diversity in the Classroom
* Learning and Teaching in the Early Childhood Classroom
* Practicum in Early Childhood/Elementary Education I
* Literacy for Students with Disabilities
* Literacy Development in the Early Years
* Practicum in Early Childhood/Elementary Education II
* Teaching Mathematics in the Elementary School
* Science in the Elementary School
* Teaching Social Studies in the Elementary School
* Materials and Methods in Special Education
* Literacy Development in the Elementary and Middle School
* Assessment and Measurement for Teachers
* Classroom Organization for Special Education
* Teaching InternshipTeaching Internship Seminar
* The Teaching Professional
* Teaching ELL
Each university in the Unites States of America sets its own admission standards so there isn't the same criteria for all the students and the university can decide which applicants meet those standards. The fee for each application is between $35 to $100.
After the selections of the universities you want to attend, the best of all would be to contact each university for an application form and more admission information for the international students. Moreover, for a graduate or postgraduate program it's necessary to verify the admission requirements. Some programs require that you send your application directly to their department.
Admissions decisions are based on students's academic record and different test scores, such as TOEFL, the SAT or ACT (for undergraduate programs) and GRE or GMAT (for graduate programs). Admission decision is based on your academic results and motivation.
Students finance their education in several ways, including fellowships, scholarships, and assistantships offered by the GSE. In addition, GSE students may be eligible for awards provided by Rutgers. Funding for graduate education is also available from external sources.
The Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. Weve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:
* Rutgers is a memberso are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeleyof the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
* More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
* Rutgers international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.