Because of the rapid rate of change in the field, students must be well grounded in the basic aspects of computer science and be capable of learning new ideas by following the research and professional literature, and by adapting independently to changes in approaches, languages, and system. Furthermore, they must have experience with computer projects of a realistic scale so as to develop confidence in their ability to think and work independently.
Most of the graduate classes start in mid-afternoon, or later, and some begin in the evening. The exceptions are advanced research seminars. Students who have a job can get a Master's degree in our Program provided they can get some time off in the late afternoon one or two days a week. Probably it will not be possible for a student to obtain a Master's degree by taking classes only after 6PM and fairly unlikely if only taking classes that start at 4:30 or later.
* Numerical Methods
* Modeling and Simulation of Continuous Systems
* Computer Methods in Statistics
* Introduction to Computer Graphics
* Software Engineering
* Proseminar in Computer Science
* Computational Thinking
* Computational Modeling
* Computer Structures
* Advanced Computer Architecture
* Formal Language and Automata
* Foundations of Computer Science
* Numerical Analysis
* Introduction to Data Structures and Algorithms
* Design and Analysis of Data Structures and Algorithms
* Design And Analysis Of Data Structures And Algorithms II
* Programming Languages And Compilers
* Operating Systems Design
* Operating System Theory
Each university in the Unites States of America sets its own admission standards so there isn't the same criteria for all the students and the university can decide which applicants meet those standards. The fee for each application is between $35 to $100.
After the selections of the universities you want to attend, the best of all would be to contact each university for an application form and more admission information for the international students. Moreover, for a graduate or postgraduate program it's necessary to verify the admission requirements. Some programs require that you send your application directly to their department.
Admissions decisions are based on students's academic record and different test scores, such as TOEFL, the SAT or ACT (for undergraduate programs) and GRE or GMAT (for graduate programs). Admission decision is based on your academic results and motivation.
If you are pursuing a master's degree or professional, terminal degree, Rutgers can help you find fellowships and scholarships to support your advanced study.
The Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. Weve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:
* Rutgers is a memberso are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeleyof the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
* More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
* Rutgers international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.